Silver Dollar City located in Branson , Missouri , is a theme park opened on May 1, 1960 . The park is an 1880s-themed experience that fits Branson’s vision as a family-friendly vacation destination with incredible charm.
An Old Time Christmas at Silver Dollar City
Silver Dollar City’s operating season runs from mid-March until late-December, with the park closed during the months of January and February. Theese days the park transform itself into An Old Time Christmas ( November 6 – December 30 ) .
The celebration truly starts with Silver Dollar City’s square, the setting for Christmas on Main Street , Silver Dollar City’s biggest light show ever!
Tourist can see the musical 5-story Special Effects Christmas Tree as it twinkles and dances in unison with over one million lights adorning the City’s square. Music includes:
- Carol of the Bells – David Foster
- Interlude – Steven Curtis Chapman
- Joy to the World – Boston Pops Orchestra
- Medley – Michael W. Smith
- Suite from Polar Express – Alan Sylvestri
- Sleigh Ride – Boston Pops Orchestra
- The sounds of the season can be heard throughout the park with shows such as The Living Nativity and Frosty! Visitors can even see the jolly old elf himself at Kringles Krossing.
- Emblazoned in over 100,000 lights, the Gifts of Christmas Holiday Light Parade glides through the streets of the “City” twice each evening.
- Silver Dollar City’s grandest production show ever, A Dickens’ Christmas Carol is an original musical adaptation of the classic by Charles Dickens.This story features a live band, a talented cast, astounding special effects, stunning Victorian scenery and period costuming.
- Lunch With Santa during Silver Dollar City’s An Old Time Christmas . The Reunion Hall resounds with the laughter of children as they open special gifts and sing along with Santa’s friends. You can even get pictures of your child with the jolly old elf himself!
- Eva & Delilah’s Bakery is famous for warm and delicious homemade treats. Eva & Delilah’s expert bakers have combined carefully chosen fruits, nuts and spices to create the perfect traditional fruitcake. Eva & Delilah’s Fruitcake is the ideal comfort food for the holiday season! This delectable cake comes nestled in a festive Christmas tin.
Silver Dollar City – An Old Time Christmas is a place for families to celebrate the true meaning of this magical season under the glow of over 4 million dazzling lights. Each year more than 300,000 people gather to celebrate an Old Time Christmas. Visitors will take home beautiful holiday memories destined to last not only these holydays , but for a lifetime .