Venice Beach located in Venice , California is an incredible destination that attracts travelers from all over the world where shopping, dining, sports, recreation, and entertainment abound . It is well known for its artists, street performers and funky atmosphere. It is a virtual carnival running year round with free admission. Street performers include instrumental musicians, singers, jugglers, acrobats, mimes, comics, magicians, prophets, fortune tellers, and other assorted entertainers.
Venice is a district close to Los Angeles, California . It is known for its canals, beaches and circus-like Ocean Front Walk. The canals are now a quaint upscale neighborhood in Venice. Fully restored and remodeled homes make it a postcard scene along the canal shores. Venice California originally was to be a copy of Venice, Italy, canals and all. Few of the original canals remain today.
Venice of America was founded by tobacco millionaire Abbot Kinney in 1905 as a beach resort town, 14 miles west of Los Angeles. Together with Francis Ryan had bought he built a resort town on the north end of the property called Ocean Park, which was soon annexed to Santa Monica. After Ryan died, Kinney continued building south of Navy Street. After the partnership dissolved in 1904, Kinney built on the marshy land on the south end of the property, intending to create a seaside resort like its namesake in Italy.
Things to do
Venice Beach includes the beach, the promenade that runs parallel to the beach Ocean Front Walk or Venice Beach Boardwalk , Muscle Beach, the handball courts, the paddle tennis courts, Skate Dancing plaza, the numerous beach volleyball courts, the bike trail and the businesses on Ocean Front Walk. The basketball courts in Venice are renowned across the country for their high level of streetball and numerous NBA players developed their games and were recruited from these courts.
The Best attractions in Venice Beach are :
- Venice Beach is the thing that makes Venice the most special place on earth.
- Famous Venice Beach Boardwalk is not to be missed. The Boardwalk is a virtual sidewalk circus . Walking along the Ocean Front Walkvisitors can see a lot of artists, musicians, street performers and tarot card readers.
- Venice Skatepark has 16,000 sq. foot and is one of the only in the world located on a beach. It features two bowls, a snake run and a street section with steps, rails and platforms.
- Muscle Beach Gym is one of the treasures of Venice. Once the home gym of bodybuilders Arnold
Schwarzenegger and Lou Ferrigno, the newly outfitted facility still serves the community as the only outdoor weight room around. Now it is a special area where fanatic bodybuilders pump iron in a public show of strength
- HIGH Rooftop Lounge Perched atop the Hotel Erwin overlooking the Pacific Ocean, High is the premiere Venice Beach open-air lounge, where the nightly sunset is the main event.
- Sunset in Venice is incredible , however during the winter months the sunsets are the most amazing.
You haven’t seen it all until you’ve seen Venice Beach . Don’t just trust us , see it for yourself !