Hong Kong Disneyland is the first theme park inside the Hong Kong Disneyland Resort located in Hong Kong , China .
The ground breaking of Hong Kong Disneyland was celebrated by a 400 guests audience on 12 January 2003 . The park was opened to visitors on 12 September 2005. Disney attempted to avoid problems of cultural backlash by attempting to incorporate Chinese culture, customs, and traditions when designing and building the resort, including adherence to the rules of Feng Shui. The capacity of the park is 34,000 visitors per day, and is the smallest Disneyland park.
Families visiting Hong Kong Disneyland will embark on a magical journey through four themed lands : Main Street U.S.A., Fantasyland, Adventureland, and Tomorrowland. In 2014, Hong Kong Disneyland will include a total of seven themed lands with the addition of Grizzly Trail, Mystic Point and Toy Story Land, which were announced for the expansion of Hong Kong Disneyland. The first new themed land is expected to open in late 2011.
- Hong Kong Disneyland’s Main Street, U.S.A. has a living day Disney on Parade and an exciting firework Disney in the Stars at night.
- Adventureland is the biggest among all Disney parks. Unlike other Adventurelands, the design of Hong Kong’s version is based on Disney’s Animal Kingdom in Florida.
- Fantasyland features Sleeping Beauty Castle, as well as the Fantasy Gardens where costumed Disney characters can be met.
- Tomorrowland opened on 12 September 2005, at Hong Kong Disneyland. Like the newer generations of the American Tomorrowlands, Hong Kong’s version features an emphasis on metallic trim, with lots of blue and purple hues.
- Hong Kong Disneyland does not have a Frontierland or Critter Country, although there will be a similar land that is planned in construction called Grizzly Gulch that will open up not before 2012.
- Mystic Point is the site of mysterious forces and supernatural events in the heart of a dense, uncharted rain forest. In Mystic Manor, home to an eccentric world traveler and adventurer and his collection of exotic international artifacts, strange things are afoot as an enchanted music box releases its magical powers, thanks to a mischievous monkey.
- Hong Kong Disneyland will feature an almost identical land to one being built at Walt Disney Studios Paris called Toy Story Land.