Hershey , PA is a perfect place to spend your Christmas Vacation with your family.
“Chocolate Town ” is located three hours from NYC and 1.5 hours from Baltimore .
It has several attractions, most notably Hersheypark ,the park built long ago as a place for workers to relax,and Hotel Hershey. In December, Hersheypark turns into Christmas in Candyland. During this time over one million Christmas lights are put on display. The town that chocolate built is more than just a sweet place to visit. It is filled with a history as rich as its chocolate and a community that was the center of an empire that began with just one man.
The Hotel Hershey is a grand old hotel on 300 acres also the Hershey Lodge and Convention Center are good places to stay that have indoor and outdoor pools and kids’ programs.
Hotel Hershey and Hershey Lodge have many Christmas Packages for families.
Hershey attractions for families:
- Hersheypark- the best known attraction also voted top amusement park by FamilyFun Magazine. Hersheypark is a venerable and top-rated family amusement park, started in 1907 by chocolatier Milton Hershey for his employees. Hersheypark is basically a summertime theme park, but in April, Springtime in the Park weekend lets you sample rides on an “pay-as-you-go” basis, and in October and December, Hersheypark in the Dark and Christmas in Candyland are seasonal events. Hersheypark is now a major theme park on 110 acres, with sixty rides including some wicked coasters; there are water rides, family rides, kiddie rides, live concerts and shows.
- ZooAmerica North American Wildlife Park, a modest-sized walk-through zoo
- the Dutch Wonderland family amusement park geared to younger kids, 30 minutes away in Pennsylvania Dutch country
- The Hotel Hershey- a grand old hotel, with kids’ club and spa with chocolate treatments (and a major expansion in 2009)
- Hershey Lodge and Convention Center- welcomes families
- Hershey’s Chocolate World: visitors’ center with fun free “Factory Tour”, and FactoryWorks where kids package their own Hershey Kisses
- The Hershey Story: interactive museum tells Milton Hershey’s story and has fun classes in a “Chocolate Lab”.
Hershey, PA is one of the best places you can spend your Christmas vacation together with you family .