Ferrari World , located on on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi , UAE , is a Ferrari themed amusement park and also the largest indoor theme park in the world . The park is situated under a 200,000 square metres (2,200,000 sq ft)and was officially opened on November 4, 2010 . Ferrari World is home to Formula Rossa the world’s fastest roller coaster.
History & construction
In 2005 was announced that Ferrari and Aldar Properties signed an agreement to build the world’s first Ferrari theme park in Abu Dhabi. At the time it was expected that the park was to open in 2008, however, Ferrari World officially opened to the public on November 4, 2010.
The iconic roof of Ferrari World was designed by Benoy Architects. The theme park, measuring 86,000 square metres (930,000 sq ft), is located under this 50 metres (160 ft) high roof. These factors make Ferrari World the largest indoor theme park in the world.
The world’s largest indoor theme park features a host of rides and attractions to create an unforgettable experience for every member of the family
Set to be the world’s largest indoor theme park and the first ever Ferrari theme park in the world Ferrari World comes with a racetrack that will host the Formula 1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, shops, hotels, various attractions, rides and just about anything else to make it a great amusement park .
Travelling at speeds in excess of 200 km/h (124 mph), it is said to emulate the feeling of being in a Ferrari F1 car as the passengers go over 62 m through the roof and back down again.
Guests can purchase merchandise from several retail outlets throughout the park including the largest Ferrari Store in the
world and a Ferrari boutique capable of creating personalized souvenirs. The food and beverage outlets aim to provide a true Italian dining experience.
Here are the best ride attractions you can find in Ferrari World , Abu Dhabi:
- Bell’Italia – an exhibit showcasing recreations of famous Italian cityscapes, structures and racing venues. Guests can choose to drive a Ferrari 250 California Spyder throughout the exhibit or walk the 570-metre (1,870 ft) network of paths.
- Formula Rossa – a hydraulically-launched roller coaster is currently the world’s fastest roller coaster
reaching a top speed of 240 kilometres per hour (150 mph). It emulates the feeling of being in a Ferrari F1 car as the passengers go over 62 m through the roof and back down again.
- G-Force – a spaceshot tower which launches riders over 62 m (203 ft) up and out of the building.
- Made in Maranello – a virtual tour inside the Ferrari factory in Maranello giving guests a glimpse into the design, assembly and testing of a Ferrari GT.
- Racing Legends – a journey showcasing significant moments in Ferrari racing history
- Scuderia Challenge – a set of state-of-the-art racing simulators featuring authentic Ferrari F1 steering wheels and seats
- V12 – a flume ride through the heart of a Ferrari 599 engine
- Viaggio in Italy – a recreation of an aerial voyage over Italy
- World’s first Ferrari theme park
- World’s largest indoor park
- Owned by Aldar Properties PJSC
- Located on Yas Island on the North East side of Abu Dhabi’s mainland
- Adjacent to the Yas Marina Circuit, hosting the inaugural 2009 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
- Opened on November 4, 2010
- Area – 86,000 m2 (930,000 sq ft)
- 20 Rides