Known as “America’s Roller Coast“, Cedar Point has been voted “Best Amusement Park in the World” by Amusement Today for the past twelve years.
Cedar Point is a 364-acre amusement park located in Sandusky, Ohio, United States on a narrow peninsula jutting into Lake Erie. The park holds the world record for the most roller coasters in a single amusement park.
Cedar Point is officially “The Roller Coaster Capital of the World.”
The park opened in 1870, and is the second oldest amusement park in North America after Lake Compounce. Cedar Point is the flagship park for Cedar Fair Entertainment Company and, along with Valleyfair, was one of the original parks owned and operated by the company. Cedar Point’s normal operating season runs daily from early May through Labor Day, then for nine weekends following Labor Day. Operating hours vary throughout the summer, but on most days the park opens at 10:00 a.m. and closes at 10:00 p.mcould once again enter the walkways, now fully covered, and experience the amazing panoramic views.
- Blue Streak- One of the park’s traditional wood coasters, has been providing ups and downs to guests since 1964.
- Cedar Creek Mine Ride- This Frontiertown classic will take you back in time on a runaway mine train adventure.
- WildCat – This coaster is a family favorite, located near the Iron Dragon.
- Corkscrew – Turns you upside-down three times, up and over the Cedar Point midway!
- Gemini -This hybrid coaster (steel track with wooden supports) is one of the tallest coasters at Cedar Point, standing 125 feet tall. Race to the finish on the dual-tracked Gemini.
- Jr. Gemini- Cedar Point has coasters for everyone – even the tiniest of thrill seekers! Jr. Gemini will get them started with junior-sized fun and speed.
- Disaster Transport- This coaster travels on a u-shaped track, unlike the other steel coasters at Cedar Point. Ride into total darkness on this favorite.
- Iron Dragon – It’s another great stepping stone for the intermediate coaster lover.
- Magnum XL-200 – It’s the coaster by which all others are measured. Magnum broke records when it opened in 1989. Ride this steel monument of thrill and experience a true coaster legend.
- Mean Streak – Enjoy one of the longest coaster rides at the park. Mean Streak is a giant of a wood coaster. Head to Frontiertown to challenge this behemoth.
- Raptor – Take a flight on Cedar Point’s suspended looping thrill machine.
- Mantis – Experience real coaster thrills, loops and speed – all while standing up! Mantis is one of the tallest and fastest stand-up coasters in the world.
- Woodstock Express – It’s another favorite for young ones and their parents
- Millennium Force – The park’s 310-foot-tall steel screamer.
- Wicked Twister – Launches you forward. Then launches you backward. And forward again. Enjoy an exhilarating thrill on the park’s twisty impulse coaster, the tallest of its kind in the world!
- Top Thrill Dragster – Is one of the tallest and fastest coasters in the world. Race 420 feet into the sky at speeds of 120 mph on the world’s first “Strata Coaster.”
- Maverick – The Old West Was Never This Wild!
It also has a mile-long white sand beach, an outdoor water park (Soak City), an indoor waterpark and hotel, two marinas , several hotels, and Challenge Park, which features attractions such as go-karts, miniature golf, Ripcord and Skyscraper.
The park also features 15 thrill rides , 3 water rides , family rides & kid rides not a chance for visitors to get bored . You will definitely have the ride of your life !